My Journal of Heartache...and Hope

Our son Max was born on May 4, 2011. Life was busy, happy, and perfect for 37 days. Then, it wasn't.
A look back at our life before Max, with Max, and what comes after...

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A Few Random Updates...

I switched to a new website that is both free and much less frustrating than the old one, which will expire on July 6, 2012. I can't tell you how many posts I lost, how many hours I spent trying to post things, or how many nasty words spewed from my mouth using the other site!

Older blog posts are still here, but you will find them all under "May" posts in the archived post section. I labelled them by month, so they should be pretty easy to locate. The first post is from early July if you are trying to start from the beginning.

And pregnancy updates...I am 36 weeks and beginning the weekly appointments. Quinn is still transverse, so hopefully she'll make the right decision to get into place soon. I just posted pictures from the 3D sonogram on Facebook, so check them out! Scott will not be getting his look alike child in Quinn...she looks exactly like Ethan and Max, which is to say that she looks exactly like me. She has lots of hair, big pouty lips, and keeps her legs crossed at all times. We're looking forward to meeting her sometime around June 26, but we have made the decision that there will be no inducing this time. Her arrival will be her choice alone!

The "anniversary" (I wish someone would come up with a better term than that) of Max's death date is coming up quickly...June 10. We will be spending a week away from home at Table Rock Lake (near Branson) with my parents, Scott's parents, my sister, her boyfriend, her son, Scott's brother, his wife, and their daughter. I'm nervous about traveling that close to my due date, but I'm hopeful that it will work out. I'm looking forward to being away from home on a day that I'm really dreading.

I also finished my last day of work, although I did receive a work email AND phone call today. Hmmm...I'm looking forward to actually being done with work and focusing on what's coming next!

We have nailed down a date and location for the fundraiser:  October 19 at Drexel Hall. Boulevard is providing the beer, and my awesome friend Steve Spacek is smoking lots of meats for a barbecue dinner. There is a lot of planning still to be done, but we're excited to team up with SIDS Resources to support a cause that is obviously very close to our hearts. If you have something to donate for the silent/live auction, if you would like to help plan/organize the event in some way, or if you just want to make sure that you are on the guest list, please email us at: maxandbofoundation@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment